Announcing new ‘We Are Brimbank’ Awards
Brimbank Council is excited to announce the new We Are Brimbank Awards, which recognise the exceptional contributions, hard work and determination of organisations and community groups making a positive difference within Brimbank.
The awards celebrate the pride and potential of the City of Brimbank and highlight Brimbank as a welcoming community.
Brimbank Mayor Cr Margaret Giudice said "We are thrilled to announce the We Are Brimbank Awards to the community.
“The awards have been designed to complement the ‘We Are Brimbank’ campaign being run this year to showcase our diverse, integrated and inclusive community and as a result we’ve also refreshed our Australia Day Awards.
“We’re a community that pulls together to get things done and that’s why we want to celebrate the fantastic organisations and community groups that make our municipality so great,” Cr Giudice said.
Nominations for the We Are Brimbank Awards are now open and close on Friday 31 August 2018.
There are five categories open for nomination:
- Culture, Arts & Tourism Award: Demonstrated outstanding contribution to the rich cultural, heritage, tourism and artistic fabric of the Brimbank community.
- Environment & Sustainability Award: Demonstrated outstanding contribution to the protection, enhancement and awareness of Brimbank’s natural and urban environment.
- Employment & Enterprise Award: Demonstrated outstanding contribution to the prosperity of Brimbank.
- Inclusive Brimbank Award: Demonstrated outstanding contribution to promoting participation in community life and supporting proud, safe and healthy citizens.
- Learning Excellence Award: Demonstrated outstanding contribution to the ongoing education, learning and engagement of the Brimbank community.
Judging by a panel of community leaders, convened by the Mayor, will take place the first two weeks in September and will be announced at the ‘We Are Brimbank Awards Gala Dinner’ at St Albans Community Centre on Friday 5 October 2018.
The new awards are broad reaching and have been developed with the consideration of previous award categories and Council’s vision and goals as articulated in the Council Plan 2017-2021.
“Council has recently taken a fresh look at our community awards and will now be running two sets of awards each year – the ‘We Are Brimbank Awards’ and ‘Australia Day Awards’.
“Creating the new We Are Brimbank Awards to recognise outstanding organisations and community groups has allowed Council to revert to the original intent of the Australia Day Awards, where two outstanding individuals making a positive difference within Brimbank will be recognised.
“The Australia Day Awards for 2019 are also now open to nominate the Brimbank Citizen of the Year, and the Brimbank Young Citizen of the Year,” Cr Giudice said.