Apply to share in $600,000 in grants
We're offering $600,000 in community grants during 2019/2020 – plus extra support for applicants, to give local community groups the best chance of success.
The annual community grants program provides financial support to not-for-profit and community groups to deliver projects and events to help make Brimbank stronger.
Brimbank Mayor Cr Lucinda Congreve strongly encouraged local community groups to apply.
“If you’ve ever thought about applying for a Community Grant but been unsure about how to do it – this is your year to apply.
“We’re offering even more support to local community groups to give them the best possible chance of success – with seven information sessions, along with nine drop-in sessions where you can come along and ask questions or seek advice on your application,” Cr Congreve said.
The information and drop-in sessions will be held around Brimbank, and will include a Vietnamese language information session. Interpreters will be available for all sessions – however these must be booked in advance.
Council has allocated a total of $600,000 for the Community Grants Program, subject to adoption of the Draft Budget 2019-2020.
2019/2020 Community Grants Program Grants Streams
- Community Strengthening (up to $10,000)
- Sport and Recreation (up to $5,000)
- Youth (up to $5,000)
- Establishment (up to $2,000)
Festival and Events Grants
- Professional Partnership Festivals and Events (up to $60,000)
- Major Festival and Events (up to $40,000)
- Community Festivals and Events (up to $10,000)
- Seniors Operational Grants (up to $600)
This year, priority will be given to grants that reflect the strategic objectives of the Brimbank Community Vision 2040:
- People: Healthy Lifestyles; Services and Facilities; Culture and Diversity; and Safety
- Place: Getting Around; Public Spaces; and Environment
- Prosperity: Education and Employment; Local Economy; and Housing
Applications close on Sunday 14 July 2019. Grants will be allocated in accordance with the approved Grant Program Guidelines.
To apply, for more information including information and drop-in sessions or to book an interpreter, please visit Brimbank Community Grants or phone 9249 4000.