Become a Youth Ambassador
Brimbank City Council is looking for young emerging leaders aged 15 to 25 to be part of an innovative program to ensure young people’s voices are heard on decisions affecting them in Brimbank.
The Youth Ambassador program aims to give young people a voice in local decision making and support young emerging leaders.
Youth Ambassadors will be instrumental in collecting the views and opinions of young people to influence decision-making and enable social change.
- The secrets of successful public speaking
- Group facilitation
- Skills to express a point of view
- How to inspire and motivate individuals and groups
Young people will also gain skills in communication, problem-solving, using creative digital media, job-readiness, and developing and organising community events.
Youth Ambassadors will be expected to:
- Present to Council decision-makers
- Present youth-related information on Melbourne radio stations
- Design and run consultations
- Design and run skill building workshops supporting adults and young people to work together, and
- Present at important community events including National Youth Week, International Women’s Day and Cultural Diversity Week.
A 12 month commitment from young people, with monthly meetings, is required.
There are 15 places available in the Youth Ambassador program.