Brimbank Animal Expo 2014
Be the best pet parent ever!
Do you have a pet or are you thinking about getting one? Come along to the Brimbank Animal Expo on Saturday 4 October from 10am to 3pm at the Westvale Community Centre, in St Albans.
The expo is a fun, family-friendly event, featuring stalls and demonstrations from a range of animal organisations and local vets offering handy tips on caring for your pets – all at no charge. Pet micro-chipping will be discounted on the day for only $25! The expo is getting bigger every year. There were more than 2,000 visitors last year, and more stands and demonstrations on offer this year.
Remember to bring dogs on leads and cats in carriers.
Pet ownership is a highly valued aspect of Brimbank living, with approximately 20,000 pets registered in the community. Visit brimbank.vic.gov.au for more information or Customer Service on 9249 4000.
Highlights for the 2014 expo include:
• Interactive demonstrations for your dog to participate such as Treibball from Four Paws K9 Training
• The Rabbit Breeders Association of Victoria rabbit jumping performance
• Village Vets, Delahey pet health Q&A
• Council registration of pets at half price (must be de-sexed and microchipped)
• A mechanical bull challenge for ‘little buckaroos’
• Dog groomers, Pet Sitters and several stalls, pet products, rescue groups with cats for adoption
- Say g’day to a croc with Animals of OZ, Missy Js Animal Farm, jumping castles and lots of fun activities to keep the kids amused
- Yappy Hour TV with colouring competitions, Yappy the dog and a few of their four legged friends.
- Great give-aways from Four Paws K9 Training, Natures Gift Australia and ‘Love Em’ pet products and more!
The 2013 Brimbank Pet Expo was lots of fun- come along to this year's Animal Expo on Saturday 4 October!
The voice of St Albans at Animal Expo
Brimbank resident Frances Micallef, 15, will be singing to all furry and non-furry folk at the Brimbank Animal Expo this year. The St Albans singing star, who has auditioned on both The Voice and XFactor is also the proud carer with her mother to more than 40 rabbits! Frances said this number includes baby rabbits due to be homed soon.
“We own 40-50 rabbits …some of their names are Boomer, Manuka and Stargate,” Frances said.
“My mum is a member of the Rabbit Breeders Association of Victoria and has been breeding rabbits for 30 years so they have been in my life ever since I can remember!”
Some of the songs Frances is planning to sing at the Expo include Run by Leona Lewis, I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston and many more new and modern surprises for the audience on the day
Frances’s thoughts on responsible pet ownership: Never get a pet if you are not suitable to care for it, only get a pet if you are going to be committed to it and provide it with the home it deserves.
Frances Micallef with her beloved pet rabbits will be singing at this year's Brimbank Animal Expo.
Brimbank Animal Expo 2014 is presented by Brimbank City Council and proudly supported by City West Water, Four Paws K9 Training and Village Vets, Delahey.