Brimbank Votes in 2016!
Brimbank City Council elections will be held on Saturday 22 October 2016.
We're counting down to the Brimbank City Council elections to be held on Saturday 22 October 2016.
It’s your Council and it will be your responsibility to elect Councillors for the first elected Brimbank Council after seven years of administration.
The election will be conducted by postal vote.
If you will be 18 years or over on election day, are an Australian citizen and you live or are a ratepayer in Brimbank, then you will be eligible to vote.
To confirm your enrolment to vote in the City of Brimbank visit the Victorian electoral Commission or phone 131 832.
Are you thinking about nominating as a Candidate in the next Council Elections?
Eleven elected Councillors will form the Council. They'll be responsible for making decisions in the best interests of the Brimbank community, considering any immediate and long term impacts.
If you’re interested in standing as a candidate to become a Councillor at the Council elections on Saturday 22 October 2016, you need to be:
- 18 years or over on election day;
- an Australian citizen; and
- enrolled as a resident or ratepayer of the City of Brimbank.
Key responsibilities of the Council are in the areas of:
- strategic planning for the whole municipality and a sustainable future
- advocacy on a broad range of issues
- coordination with other spheres of government, the private sector, nongovernment and community sectors
- facilitation of community participation
- employment of the Chief Executive Officer.
A key responsibility of individual Councillors is to represent all citizens of the city and to participate in decision-making by the Council.
For more information about the elections and standing for Council, visit Brimbank Votes.