Brimbank's Hidden Gems: Kororoit Creek Trail – Deer Park to Brooklyn
Winding its way through the suburbs of Deer Park, Cairnlea, Albion and West Sunshine the 15km Kororoit Creek Trail is a great way to discover some of the natural and cultural gems along Kororoit Creek.
Highlights include the Black Powder Mill in Cairnlea, as well as the creek’s natural rock pools and native bird life.
The trail is also a fantastic way to get to many of Brimbank’s wonderful parks, including:
- Buckingham Reserve, West Sunshine
- Davitt Reserve, Deer Park
- Isabella Williams Memorial Reserve, Deer Park
- Selwyn Park, Albion
- Station Waters Reserve, Cairnlea.
Kororoit Creek Trail provides links to:
- the Federation Trail, which connects cyclist to Werribee or the city
- the M80 trail, providing connection to Brimbank Park and the Maribyrnong River Trail; and
- the Sunshine Trail, which allows cyclist to ride in to Footscray and the city.
A section of trail will soon undergo a $200,000 upgrade – with a new three metre wide trail to be upgraded from Davitt Reserve to Robinson Rd/Bullum Bullum.