Consent for Works within a Council Road Reserve Application - Online Form

Want to conduct any work in, on, under or over a Council road reserve? You will need to obtain consent from us.

If the road is an arterial road, including most service roads, the applicant must apply to VicRoads for consent.

IMPORTANT: Once Consent is issued rectification works must be completed within 60 days of the issue date.

Application fees


What you need to apply:

  • Description of work – plans showing the location of proposed works detailing all assets
  • Current Certificate of Currency for Public Liability Insurance with a minimum of $10M (must be valid to cover the period of works
  • A credit card to make the payment

This form takes about 10 minutes to complete.

We recommend using Chrome as your web browser. If you use Safari, make sure you have the latest version installed before completing the following online form.

When uploading documents please make sure the file title includes the name of the document and the address of the property e.g. Title 301 Hampshire Road Sunshine, Plan 301 Hampsire Road Sunshine.

  • Step 1
  • Step 2
  • Step 3
  • Step 4
  • Step 5
  • Step 6

Step 1 of 6


Address cannot be found, please try again or if the works are taking place on an arterial road then you'll need to apply with VicRoads.