The Community Governance Handbook is a great resource designed to help our local community groups and organisations to function properly. It will assist to better understand the legal responsibilities and how to ensure your organisation succeeds.
Brimbank Community Groups User Guide
We've developed our first Community Groups User Guide for all regular groups using our facilities. Our Guide:
- Provides an overview of the roles and responsibilities of Council and community groups;
- Enables a better understanding of the processes guiding the usage and hire arrangements of Community Facilities; and
- Provides directions to community groups on how to hire and manage Community Facilities.
For more information, please call 9249 4537.
Useful Resources for Community Groups
- Brimbank Community Governance Program
Training, information and support for community groups. Read our Community Governance Handbook.
Ph: 9249 4418
- Consumer Affairs Victoria
State Government regulatory authority for Incorporated Associations in Victoria. Compliance processes, advice and information.
Ph: 1300 558 181
- Not-for-Profit Law
Comprehensive legal and other information, fact sheets, videos and training.
Ph: 8636 4400
- Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria
Free dispute resolution service available to committees, clubs and associations
Ph: 1300 372 888
- Grant Guru Community
Free searchable listing of grants and funding programs
- Leisure Networks/Club Help
Free support for clubs and associations
Ph: 5224 9927
- Non Profit Training
Information and training for non profit organisations
Ph: 9013 5432
- Volunteer West
Information about training, advice and support to volunteer coordinators and people working with volunteers.
Ph: 9398 1233
For more information, please contact us:
- Phone: 9249 4000
- Email: CGPrograms@brimbank.vic.gov.au