The Brimbank Community Volunteers Leadership Programs aim to provide opportunities for eligible community members in Brimbank to build and strengthen their capacity in community leadership and participation.
Council is planning to deliver a Brimbank Community Volunteers Leadership program that will equip participants from the Brimbank Volunteers database and Brimbank community with the skills and confidence to grow as leaders. The program will bring together community members to build knowledge and share experiences with each other. The program will explore practical leadership through interactive learning – community project. Participants gain confidence, self-awareness and an enhanced ability to understand and contribute to the community.
The program will be delivered between February and April 2023 in person at St Albans Community Centre.
To participate you must be
- 18 years or older; and
- live, work, study or volunteer in Brimbank
- Be able to attend at least 6 of the sessions
- Be willing to participate in the community project
10am to 1pm
|8||4 April (debrief session)|
Topics covered during the sessions
- What is leadership and different styles of leadership
- Communication skills, Emotional intelligence
- Child safety, Understanding seniors
- Project planning and working with other groups
- Understanding Council and the Community
- Maintaining perspective and relationships during a crisis
- Identify a community project, design and deliver
Applications have now closed.
Download the Community Leadership Program 2023 Flyer
Contact Community Capacity Building Officer on 03 9249 4000 or email@example.com