Drop-in to find out more about plans to replace St Albans Leisure Centre
Want to learn more about Council’s plans to replace St Albans Leisure Centre with a world-class Health and Wellbeing Hub?
Brimbank Council will host a series of drop-in community information sessions on:
- Wednesday 19 September, 4-6pm: St Albans Leisure Centre, 90 Taylors Road, Keilor Downs.
- Thursday 4 October, 3-5pm: Keilor Central, 80 Taylors Road, Keilor Downs.
- Wednesday 10 October, 8-10am: St Albans Leisure Centre, 90 Taylors Road, Keilor Downs.
- Thursday 11 October 12noon-2pm: St Albans Community Centre (STACC), 309C Main Road East, St Albans.
- Thursday 18 October, 5-7pm: Keilor Central, 80 Taylors Road, Keilor Downs.
- Friday 19 October, 5-7pm: Watergardens Town Centre, 399 Melton Highway, Taylors Lakes.
Mayor, Cr Margaret Giudice encouraged community members to get along to a session to ask questions and find out more.
“This will be the biggest capital works project this Council has delivered for the community and we want to make sure community members remain informed along the way.
“Come along to speak with staff about the project, find out more and have your questions answered,” Cr Giudice said.
Council recently confirmed the list of indoor aquatic and leisure features to be included in the development.
Each component has been selected considering information that had been gathered through consultation undertaken in 2014 as part of a feasibility study into the replacement of the centre, as well as taking into account population and centre operational and leisure trends.
To show your support for the project, add your name to the list of community supporters on the pledge wall at St Albans Leisure Centre or online at Are you In?
- Read information about the St Albans Leisure Centre Replacement Project.