We work with emergency services, government and community organisations to ensure emergency planning is effective and provides the best possible outcomes for all of us.
Municipal Emergency Management Plan
Our Municipal Emergency Management Plan (MEMP) addresses the prevention of, response to, and recovery from, emergencies in Brimbank. Contact us on 9249 4000 for a copy of the plan.
Know where to get emergency information
Visit Vic Emergency website or download the Vic Emergency app from:
Vic Emergency Hotline
1800 226 226 (Information during and after major incidents in Victoria)
- Save the Vic Emergency Hotline number into your mobile phone.
- It also offers information to help householders, landowners and small businesses plan for and recover from emergencies.
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, contact the Vic Emergency Hotline through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 226 226
- Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 226 226
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 226 226
- If you don't speak English call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 for translated information from the Vic Emergency Hotline. If you know someone who can't speak English provide them with this number.
For real-time warning notifications, follow Vic Emergency on:
Listen and watch:
Information in languages other than English
The Victorian Multicultural Commission has collated a range of bushfire safety information available in other languages to help with preparing, surviving and recovering from bushfire emergencies.
For all other emergencies contact Emergency Services
If you're in a life threatening situation, or you're unsure of what to do in an emergency, call 000 for police, fire and ambulance.
The 000 (triple zero) service is free in Australia from any fixed or mobile phone.
You can also report some non-urgent crime and events anytime, anywhere by calling the Police Assistance Line on 131 444 or submitting an online report. For more, visit the Victoria Police Website.
If the situation isn't critical, call the numbers listed on this page:
|Brimbank Council Emergency After Hours Number||9249 4000|
|Bureau of Meteorology (Warning Service)||1300 659 210|
|Environment Protection Authority (EPA) Pollution Watch Line||1300 372 842|
|Poison Information Centre||131 126|
|State Emergency Service (SES) Flood, Storm Damage Assistance – Emergency (24hrs)||132 500|
|State Emergency Service (SES) Flood, Storm Information Line||1800 362 361|
|VicRoads Traffic Hazard Reporting & Advisory Service||131 170|
|Water & Sewerage||132 642|
|Worksafe Incident Reporting Number||132 360|