Food for Fines! Amnesty on overdue library items
From Monday 9 May to Sunday 29 May 2016, overdue library items can be returned to Brimbank libraries without incurring a fine.
Brimbank libraries will also be accepting donations of non-perishable food in exchange for clearing existing library fines during the same period.
The Amnesty of Library Fines means items returned in good condition through the library chutes or self-return stations between 9 and 29 May will automatically have fines cleared off those items.
Library members will also be able to donate non-perishable food in exchange for clearing any other overdue fines from their library cards as part of the Food for Fines program being run concurrently.
All non-perishable food collected will be sent on to Uniting Care Lentara where it will be redistributed to Brimbank families in need.
Donated food must be for human consumption and handed to a staff member at any Brimbank library along with your library card.
The Food For Fines program works as follows:
- $5.00 or less in fines owed = 1 donated food item
- $5.20 to $10 in fines owed = 2 donated food items
- $10.20 to $20 in fines owed = 3 donated food items
- $20.20 to $30 in fines owed = 4 donated food items
- $30.20 or more in fines owed = 5 donated food items
Update you membership for a chance to win!
Update your library membership between 9 and 29 May and go into the draw for a $50 voucher.
The Amnesty on Library Fines and Food For Fines programs will run from Monday 9 May to Sunday 29 May at all Brimbank Libraries:
- Deer Park Library, 4 Neale Road. Tel: 9249 4660
- Keilor Village Library, Kennedy Street. Tel: 9249 4670
- St Albans Library, 71A Alfrieda Street. Tel: 9249 4650
- Sunshine Library, McCracken Street. Tel: 9249 4640
- Sydenham Library, 1 Station Street, Taylors Lakes. Tel: 9249 4680
More information: www.brimbanklibraries.vic.gov.au
Please note the Amnesty on Library Fines and the Food for Fines programs do not apply to the return of damaged or incomplete items. If library customers have lost items they are encouraged to speak to library staff.