A vehicle crossing - commonly known as a crossover - provides access to your property from the property line to the road edge.
You must have Council's permission to construct/reconstruct, alter, replace, remove or relocate a crossing to your property.
Is Your Property in a Heritage Overlay?
If your property is in a Heritage Overlay, contact our Planning department (9249 4000) as you may need a planning permit to proceed.
- $100 for Local Council Roads
- $214.60 for Arterial Roads
What you need to apply
- Public liability insurance of minimum $10 million (optional)
- Proposed layout plans. Plans must show location of nature strip trees and all services
- A credit card to make the payment
This form takes about 10 minutes to complete.
We recommend using Chrome as your web browser. If you use Safari, make sure you have the latest version installed before completing the online form.