Get the Buzz - News and What's On, Tuesday 29 August 2017
• 2017 Brimbank Seniors Festival
• Garage Sale Trail
• Have Your Say: Draft Domestic Animal Management Plan
• Have Your Say - Meet Your Councillors
2017 Brimbank Seniors Festival
The 2017 Brimbank Seniors Festival will be held in October 2017 alongside the Victorian Seniors Festival. The following is all you need to know about getting your hands on tickets for two of the most coveted festival events.
Brimbank Seniors Festival Lunch and Dance
Tuesday 10 October 2017, 11.30am-3pm, Lakeside Banquet and Convention Centre,Taylors Lakes
To ensure a fair distribution of tickets, ticket allocations for this event will now be drawn by ballot. To apply to be in the ballot you must complete a ticket application form and submit it to Council by Friday 8 September 2017.
- Complete and submit your using our Seniors Lunch and Dance Ticket Application Form; or
- Pick up a printed form and reply paid envelope at a Brimbank City Council Customer Service Centres, and Neighbourhood Houses and Community Centres or Libraries, and lodge your completed form at any of these facilities; or
- Send in your completed form by mail to:Diversity and Inclusion Planning OfficerBrimbank City CouncilPO Box 70Sunshine 3020
Please note, completion of an application form does not guarantee your attendance at this event. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of the ballot by 22 September 2017. There is no charge to attend this event.
Bus trip to Cuckoo Restaurant, Olinda, Wednesday 4 October 2017
Ticket price: $40 per person (for the cost of meal)
Bookings are essential as places are limited. Tickets for the bus trip must be collected in person and paid for on Monday 18 September, 9.30-11am from either:
- Council ChamberLevel 1Brimbank Community and Civic Centre301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine; or
- Keilor Community Hub704B Old Calder HighwayKeilor.
Maximum two (2) tickets per person, on presentation of Seniors Card and proof of residency in Brimbank. A full festival program will be made available in the coming weeks. For more information call 9249 4000 or visit brimbank.vic.gov.au.
Garage Sale Trail
Brimbank City Council is encouraging residents, schools, businesses and community groups to support the Garage Sale Trail sustainability event on Saturday 21 October and Sunday 22 October. Garage sales will be held collectively at the homes of residents, local schools, businesses or community groups.
This is a fun way for people to declutter their homes, fundraise, meet their neighbours and reuse and recycle items rather than throw them out.
Council is pleased to be participating in the community event for the very first time. It is important that Council identify sensible ways to promote reuse and waste minimisation to help build a cleaner, greener Brimbank.
To take part in the event residents,community groups, schools and businesses must register their sale. To register your garage sale at no cost or to see what’s for sale in your area visit Garage Sale Trail or phone 02 9052 0827.
Draft Domestic Animal Management Plan
The draft Domestic Animal Management Plan (DAMP) outlines Council’s proposed programs, services and strategies for the management of dogs and cats in Brimbank over the next four years.
Key initiatives outlined in the Draft DAMP
- Reviewing the existing cat-trapping and nuisance dog reporting processes with online services to make these more accessible for residents.
- Increasing use of multilingual materials on responsible pet ownership to better reach a wider section of the community.
- Additional school visits by Animal Management Officers to raise awareness with children about safety and care with dogs and cats.
- Reviewing the best ways to identify unregistered animals and increase registration.
Have Your Say
- Manager City Compliance
Brimbank City Council
PO Box 70
Feedback should be submitted by 5pm Thursday 21 September 2017.
Have Your Say - Community Consultations
For more information, other upcoming sessions, and to give feedback, please visit our Have Your Say page.
Meet Your Councillors
Forthcoming Sessions include:
Saturday 14 October, 1–6pm
- St Albans Moon Lantern Festival, Victoria Square, St Albans
Further drop in sessions are planned in St Albans, Sunshine, Keilor and Derrimut in October and November. For more information visit Have Your Say.
Ordinary Council Meeting
Ordinary Council Meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month (except December). Meetings are open to the public and meeting agenda and minutes can be found at Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes.
Brimbank City Council is offering more and more online services. By registering an account you will create your own personal dashboard for easy pre-populated access to a range of services.
Whether it’s lodging a service request, paying your rates, paying your pet registration, or submitting a planning application you’ll get what you want done easier and faster on the Brimbank website. To register, please visit brimbank.vic.gov.au.