Get the Buzz - News and What's On, Tuesday 5 December 2017
• Plans A-Plenty!
• Giving Tree – Call for Donations
• Carols at the Castle
• Have Your Say - Community Consultations
Draft Age Friendly City Plan 2017-2021
The Draft Age Friendly City Plan 2017-2021 will ensure that services for older people are well planned, accessible and responsive, and is based on the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Age Friendly Cities framework.
You can provide feedback by:
- Having your say online at our Have Your Say page
- Emailing AgeingandInclusion@brimbank.vic.gov.au (Att: Manager Community Care)
- Posting to: Manager Community Care
Brimbank City Council
PO Box 70
Sunshine VIC 3020.
Feedback must be provided by Thursday 21 December.
Brimbank Settlement Action Plan 2018-2021
Brimbank is committed to the long-term successful, sustainable settlement of migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers. You can help shape the development of the Draft Brimbank Settlement Action Plan 2018-2021 by:
- Coming to a community workshop: Wednesday 13 December, 5.30-8pm
Brimbank Community and Civic Centre,
301 Hampshire Road, Sunshine
- Email comments directly to Brimbank’s Diversity and Inclusion Planning Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Complete the online questionnaire at our Have Your Say page
- Making an individual appointment: call the Diversity and Inclusion Officer on 9249 4000.
Giving Tree – Call for Donations
Next time you are food shopping please consider picking up a couple of non-perishable food items to donate to our Giving Tree Program.
You can drop off items at one of 18 Brimbank locations between Thursday 30 November and Friday 15 December.
For location details visit our Giving Tree Program webpage or call Council on 9249 4000.
Carols at the Castle
Friday 15 December,
Overnewton Castle, 51 Overnewton Rd, Keilor
- Time: Gates open at 5pm. Concert 7–9pm
- Tickets: $20 family of five; $8 singles; $5 concessions,
- Tickets available via Eventbrite
All money from ticket sales goes to the Brimbank Community Fund (BCF) – raising money for local charities.
Have Your Say - Community Consultations
For more information, other upcoming sessions, and to give feedback, please visit our Have Your Say page.
2018/2019 Budget Drop in Sessions
- Wednesday 6 December, 10.30am-12.30pm
Sydenham Neighbourhood House
Level 1, 1 Station Street
Watergardens Town Centre, Taylors Lakes
- Thursday 7 December, 10am-12noon
Deer Park Library
4 Neale Road, Deer Park
- Friday 8 December, 12noon-2pm
Between the Brimbank Community and Civic Centre at 301 Hampshire Road Sunshine and entrance to Sunshine Marketplace, Sunshine
- Thursday 14 December, 6-8pm
704B Old Calder Highway, Keilor
Can't make a session? Submit your ideas online at our Have Your Say page.
Clarke St Still Open for Business
A reminder that it’s business as usual for shops at Clarke Street Sunshine, despite the construction of the new VicRoads Regional Office nearby.
Need to visit the shops? Parking is available nearby, including at the Brimbank Multi-Deck Car Park, which offers first three hours free parking. Or stroll down if you’re in the area.
Brimbank Business Breakfast
- Friday 8 December, 7am-9am
Brimbank Community and Civic Centre,
301 Hampshire Rd, Sunshine
Ordinary Council Meeting
Ordinary Council Meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month (except December). Meetings are open to the public and meeting agenda and minutes can be found at Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes.
Brimbank City Council is offering more and more online services. By registering an account you will create your own personal dashboard for easy pre-populated access to a range of services.
Whether it’s lodging a service request, paying your rates, paying your pet registration, or submitting a planning application you’ll get what you want done easier and faster on the Brimbank website. To register, please visit brimbank.vic.gov.au.