Get the Buzz - News and What's On, Tuesday 5 September 2017
• In2Sport Applications Now Open
• Brimbank Disability Expo 2017
• Sunshine Leisure Centre 10 Years
• Have Your Say - Community Consultations
In2Sport Applications Now Open
Females and first time applicants are encouraged to apply for the Brimbank In2Sport Program membership subsidy program and join a local sporting club this summer.
A priority application period for females and first time applicants is now open ahead of all other eligible applicants on 18 September for participation in the upcoming summer season.
Under the program, applicants are eligible for up to $200 financial assistance (up to 75 per cent of the membership cost) to contribute to club fees, provided children are aged between 6 and 18 years, live in Brimbank and their name is listed on a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card.
The subsidy for successful applicants is passed on directly to the sports clubs through Brimbank City Council.
This round of the program will consider applications for participation in summer and year round sports, including cricket, little athletics, baseball, softball, tennis, badminton, basketball, martial arts, netball, swimming (squad), table tennis and volleyball.
How to apply:
- Complete an online application form at brimbank.vic.gov.au. You will need to upload a copy of your family’s Health Care Card or Pension Card to complete the online application.
- Download and complete the hard copy application form and submit it to Council for validation. Attach a copy of your family’s Health Care Card or Pension Card.
- Council will validate your application form and return an Approval Form if successful.
- You submit the Approval Form to your club upon joining, and pay any difference in membership fees (membership fee minus approved In2Sport Brimbank funding).
- Your club will then invoice Council for the approved cost of the fees up to $200 per child, after we have approved the applicant, and you’ve paid your share of the membership fee.
Visit the Brimbank In2Sport Program for more information or call 9249 4000.
Brimbank Disability Expo 2017
Tuesday 24 October, 10am–2pm
- Victoria University Convention Centre,
Gate 1, 460 Ballarat Rd, Sunshine
- No cost
Council invites local organisations to register their interest as an exhibitor at the Brimbank Disability Expo 2017. The Expo brings together over 50 exhibitors and attracts more than 400 people on the day.
This is a unique opportunity to showcase services and engage with communities seeking information and connections in the Disability Sector. Your support will add to the overall success of the Expo.
It is our mission to bring information and awareness of services to all people with disabilities and their carers, to enable and empower them to take control of their lives, encourage independence and provide equal opportunities.
To exhibit at the expo organisations must complete an Expression of Interest by contacting Brimbank City Council on 9249 4000 or e-mail email@example.com.
Sunshine Leisure Centre 10 Years
Sunday 10 September, 12noon–4pm
Come along and celebrate Sunshine Leisure Centre’s 10th birthday. Birthday celebrations will include a pool inflatable and kids disco. There'll also be two 45-minute group fitness sessions and a Watch Around Water education stand with giveaways.
Sunshine Leisure Centre is at 5 Kennedy Street, Sunshine. There will be no charge access from 12noon-4pm.
For more information visit brimbank.vic.gov.au or call 9249 4615
Have Your Say - Community Consultations
For more information, other upcoming sessions, and to give feedback, please visit our Have Your Say page.
Have Your Say: Local Laws and Domestic Animal Management Plan
- Wednesday 6 September, 11am-1pm
Keilor Library, Keilor Community Hub, Old Calder Highway, Keilor
- Saturday 9 September, 9-11am
International Gardens Reserve (off leash dog park), Cordelia Grove, St Albans.
Meet Your Councillors
- Saturday 14 October, 1–6pm
St Albans Moon Lantern Festival, Victoria Square, St Albans
- Sunday 22 October, 1-4pm
Sunshine Lantern Festival, Hampshire Road, Sunshine
Further drop in sessions are planned in St Albans, Sunshine, Keilor and Derrimut in October and November. For more information visit Have Your Say.
Ordinary Council Meeting
Ordinary Council Meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month (except December). Meetings are open to the public and meeting agenda and minutes can be found at Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes.
Brimbank City Council is offering more and more online services. By registering an account you will create your own personal dashboard for easy pre-populated access to a range of services.
Whether it’s lodging a service request, paying your rates, paying your pet registration, or submitting a planning application you’ll get what you want done easier and faster on the Brimbank website. To register, please visit brimbank.vic.gov.au.