How sustainable is your house?
Borrow an Energy Saver Kit today!
You can now find out how energy-efficient your home is by borrowing a Brimbank Energy Saver Kit.
Are you sick of confusingly high bills? Want to know where all your electricity goes? The kit contains equipment and instructions to help you find ways to save energy and water throughout your home.
The kit will give you the following easy to use tools to find out if your home is energy efficient:
- Energy smart thermometer - to measure hot water temperature, room temperature and fridge and freezer temperatures and find out if your settings are hotter or colder than they need to be.
- Infra-red thermometer - to measure surface temperatures such as walls and windows to find out if your house is losing or gaining heat, which you can fix with gap sealing, insulation or shade.
- Energy meter - to measure the energy consumption of your appliances and see which ones you should use sparingly, or turn off standby to save power.
- Light meter - to help apply the ideal light conditions in your home and use energy wisely.
- Plus two great books full of tips to save energy in your home.
These kits are available for residents to loan from any Brimbank library for up to a week, free of charge once a refundable deposit is paid.