Interested in working with others to develop and strengthen your community leadership skills?
Our Community Leadership program is for you!
If you are 18 years old or over and live, study or work in Albion, Ardeer, Brooklyn, Cairnlea, Deer Park, Derrimut, Sunshine, Sunshine North or Sunshine West, you can get involved in Council’s seven-week fully subsidised Community Leadership Program.
If you are interested in developing and strengthening your community leadership skills and experience, apply now for one of the 18 places available.
Eligibility criteria and a selection process apply, and the program is fully subsidised, with all expenses covered including transport and childcare.
If selected, you will have an opportunity to use your skills and learning in practical activities within the program. You’ll also receive information about opportunities for ongoing community participation.
When and where
The program includes seven weekly sessions on Thursdays, commencing 5 March to 23 April 2015 from 6- 8.30pm at Sunshine Convention Centre, 460 Ballarat Road Sunshine.
- Week 1 - Thurs 5 March: Leadership in Our Community
- Week 2 - Thurs 12 March: Your Community, Your Council
- Week 3 – Thurs 19 March: Planning and Running Projects and Events
- Week 4 - Thurs 26 March: Communication Skills
- Week 5 - Thurs 9 April: Working with Groups
- Week 6 - Thurs 16 April: Working with the Media and Promotion
- Week 7 - Thurs 23 April: Group Presentations, Guest Speakers and Summary
Council has engaged the services of the Australian Multicultural Foundation to co-present the program sessions.
The program is conducted for eligible community members from all areas in Brimbank to build and strengthen their capacity in community leadership and participation.
Need more information?
For more information and application forms contact Council’s Community Participation and Inclusion Support Officer by emailing CPIevents@brimbank.vic.gov.au or phoning 9249 4190 or visit our Community Training web page.