Keilor Village Concept For All
A Draft Concept Plan outlines the future design upgrades for the Keilor Village with the aim to improve the look and feel of the Keilor Village Town Centre.
Council endorsed the Draft Keilor Village Concept Plan at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 8 December 2015 with an eight week community consultation period followed by a report detailing the outcomes.
Community consultation will be conducted in two stages which will include a meeting with the Keilor Village traders and an on-site ‘pop-up’ engagement event in early 2016. Consultation is now open to the general public with written submissions being accepted until Monday 29 February 2016.
Chair of Brimbank Administrators, John Watson said the community will play a vital role in achieving the best possible design outcomes for the Concept Plan and ultimately the village.
“One of the main aspects the community loves about Keilor Village is that it’s rich in character and history. The Draft Concept Plan aspires to maintain and enhance this history and character while creating an attractive and sustainable community to live in.”
“The plan has outlined three priority areas that once improved will increase the livability, sustainability and visit-ability of the Town Centre” Mr Watson said.
The priorities include the main shopping strip in the village, bus bay upgrades and a new shared cycling path that runs along the southern side of the Old Calder Highway.
- An upgrade of the main shopping strip with new paving, two large seating hubs, furniture and landscaping
- A Water Sensitive Urban Design rain garden with a viewing deck linking to the shopping strip and the re-opened heritage stone gates at the entrance to the Keilor Recreation Reserve
- Traffic modifications with enhanced pedestrian crossings
- Bus bay upgrades with better pedestrian connections
- A shared cycling and walking trail along the length of Keilor Village
- New feature tree planting at nodes and intersections in line with the heritage planning overlay.
The preparation of the Draft Concept Plan was guided by the Keilor Village Vision Document.
Written Submissions can be sent to Senior Landscape Architect at firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 70, Sunshine VIC 3020. For more information please call Brimbank City Council on 03 9249 4000.