Let books light up your world during Children’s Book Week
Brimbank Libraries is celebrating Children’s Book Week (22-28 August 2015) with some exciting activities.
Bring your children to Preschool Storytime sessions at a Brimbank Library to enjoy listening to a Children’s Book Week shortlisted book, and then take part in a simple craft activity.
Count the Bees!
Another highlight of the week is the ‘Count the Bees’ competition. Come in and see if you can find all the bees hiding in the library and you can win a Children’s Book Week nominated book. The competition runs from 22-28 August.
And More Activities!
Your kids can also join in the fun of badge making activities and other fun craft activities at all After School Games Clubs at the libraries, between 4-5 pm.
At Baby Bounce and Toddler Time sessions you'll get a tip sheet and information about literacy and reading with children.
For more information on Children’s Book Week activities visit Brimbank Libraries or contact any Brimbank Library branch:
- Deer Park Library, 4 Neale Road, Deer Park. Tel: 9249 4660
- St Albans Library, 71A Alfrieda Street, St Albans. Tel: 9249 4650
- Keilor Village Library, Kennedy Street, Keilor, Tel: 9249 4670
- Sunshine Library, McCracken Street, Sunshine. Tel: 9249 4640
- Sydenham Library, 1 Station Street, Taylors Lakes. Tel: 9249 4680
The annual Children’s Book Week event is designed to encourage literacy and a love of learning in Australian children, and it also encourages parents to share their love of reading with their children.