Pop in to a Pop Up Consultation and Express Your Keilor Village Love
Brimbank City Council will host two ‘pop up’ consultation sessions for you to have your say on the Keilor Village Draft Concept Plan.
Two ‘pop up’ sessions will be held on 19 and 22 February so you can comment on the draft plan, which outlines future design upgrades planned for the Keilor Village Town Centre.
- View a copy of the Keilor Village Draft Concept Plan visit our Have Your Say page.
The Draft Concept Plan aspires to maintain and enhance the history and character of Keilor Village while creating an attractive and sustainable community to live in.
Written submissions will be accepted until Monday 29 February 2016.
Keilor Village Draft Concept Plan ‘pop up’ consultation sessions will be held outside the Keilor Village Shopping Strip on:
- Friday 19 February 2016, 10am-1pm
- Monday 22 February 2016, 1-4pm
The Draft Concept Plan outlines three priority areas -
- the main shopping strip in the village,
- bus bay upgrades and, a
- new shared cycling path that runs along the southern side of the Old Calder Highway.
- An upgrade of the main shopping strip with new paving, two large seating hubs, furniture and landscaping
- A Water Sensitive Urban Design rain garden with a viewing deck linking to the shopping strip and the re-opened heritage stone gates at the entrance to the Keilor Recreation Reserve
- Traffic modifications with enhanced pedestrian crossings
- Bus bay upgrades with better pedestrian connections
- A shared cycling and walking trail along the length of Keilor Village
- New feature tree planting at nodes and intersections in line with the heritage planning overlay.