It's business as usual at the relocated Sunshine Library, and Sunshine Customer Service Centre
In August this year, the Sunshine Library and the Sunshine Customer Service Centre relocated temporarily away from Hampshire Road, Sunshine to make way for construction of the $52 million Brimbank Community and Civic Centre.
It’s business as usual for these popular services in their new locations in the Sunshine Municipal office precinct.
The Sunshine Customer Service Centre is now located within the Sunshine Municipal Offices, at 6-18 Alexandra Avenue.
The Sunshine Library is now located at McCracken Street, Sunshine, near the Sunshine Municipal Offices. Library staff are in the portable nearby.
- Drive - You can drive to the relocated Sunshine Library and the relocated Customer Service Centre. Parking is available
- Walk from Sunshine Town Centre - From Hampshire Road in the Sunshine Town Centre, it's a short 450m walk down Service Street to McCracken Street, and the Sunshine Municipal Offices at 6–18 Alexandra Avenue.
- Bus - the nearest bus stops are on Hertford Road (outside/opposite no. 64); Devonshire Road (outside/opposite no.75); and on Hampshire Road (opposite the Sunshine Plaza).
Enjoy the same services!
While we make way for the exciting new Community and Civic Centre, which will include a new and improved Sunshine Library over two levels, Brimbank City Council is committed to ensuring that there is minimal disruption to services as far as possible.
Both the relocated Sunshine Library and the Customer Service Centre offer similar services to what they previously provided, as well as wheelchair access and convenient parking.
No change to Sunshine Library services or operating hours
While the relocated Sunshine Library space is slightly smaller than the previous library, it adequately houses the collection and related services, and library customers are enjoying all the same services as was offered at the Hampshire Road site.
Operating hours remain the same - Mon: 10am-8pm; Tue: 1-8pm; Wed-Fri: 10am-8pm; Sat: 10am-5pm; and Sun: 1-5pm.
Sunshine Library Resources, Facilities and Activities
The relocated Sunshine Library offers:
- Almost the same number of computer spaces;
- All regular programs such as Storytimes, Practise your English, computer classes, the Conversation Club, school holiday programs, Drop In Resume Help and the Children’s Corner;
- Free Wifi;
- dedicated spaces for children and youth• casual reading and study areas, and
- an afterhours chute for the return of library items.
- and a special Welcome to Sunshine Library event on Saturday 23 August 2-4pm at the library, with afternoon tea, magic and roving entertainment, face painting and door prizes. No bookings required.
Parking and Wheelchair Access to Sunshine Library
Wheelchair access is through the front door. There are several parking spaces available around the relocated library.
Contact Sunshine Library
Call 9249 4640 or check out more details about Brimbank Libraries’ services online.
No change to operating hours or services at Sunshine Customer Service Centre
The Sunshine Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday, from 8.45am-5pm, and offers the same services.
Parking and Wheelchair Access to Sunshine Customer Service Centre
Visitors parking is available in front of the Sunshine Municipal Offices.
The site offers wheelchair access with a ramp leading up to the front door near the Customer Service Centre. Disabled parking bays are located adjacent to the ramp.
For more information call Council on 9249 4000 or view information online.